September 2, 2012

Having fun staying home

What a good time we have had so far this weekend. This weekend, my goal was to not go anywhere (except church on Sunday) and so far, I have succeeded. I generally am a type of person who has to go somewhere every day, but this weekend, I just wanted to stay home and enjoy my family.

As I was playing with Nathaniel last night, I looked at him as only a mother can do and remembered how small he was when I first saw him (just a few weeks in utero) - how big he has gotten. And, how can someone choose to take life away from something so precious? To show you how small he was when I first saw him, I took a picture of one of my first ultrasound pictures:
In this picture, he is about 2 cm long. 



Nathaniel wanted me to put a picture of us on here as well, taken just a few minutes ago. He was so sweet - I was complaining about my double chin, how I didn't like it in pictures. For one of the pictures, he started to put his hand up by my face. I said "what are you doing?" - he said "blocking your double chin!" Out of the mouths of babes...




No comments:

Post a Comment